Vision: Why do we exist?
Code4CT exists to see young South African women in positions to drive African innovation
Definition of Victory: What does success look like?
- Young women will discover how they can leverage technology for social innovation. They will develop the skills that will allow them to contribute meaningfully to SA’s innovation system. They will be challenged to direct their own learning and reach their full potential.
- Code4CT students will shape a new face of technology in South Africa, the continent and the world.
- Code4CT will significantly improve the calibre of skills entering the workforce.
- Alumnae of our program will be known for their innovativeness, social responsibility, excellence, passion, tenacity, creativity, enthusiasm, camaraderie and professionalism.
- Employers, tertiary education institutions and bursars will actively seek Code4CT alumnae into their organisations and companies.
Values: How must we act to ensure success?
The following values guide the way in which Code for Cape Town operates:
- Our first responsibility is to ensure every learner in our program feels challenged and supported in her learning; that each learner realises her potential to manifest change.
- To do that, we are committed to a culture of innovation and excellence. We value collaboration and openness.
- We believe in the strength of the collective: one person’s success is everyone’s joy; one person’s failure requires everyone’s support.
- We value holistic wellness with the understanding that if each individual seeks mental and physical well-being this results in the optimal functioning of the collective.
- We believe each learner has the potential to be responsible and respectful. We will not tolerate a failure to accept responsibility nor a lack of respect for others.
- We are committed to an equitable society and creating a racially and culturally diverse learning environment. We will work to dismantle euro-centric education and structural inequities within our society.