Dates: 8.30 – 2pm Saturday 30 July; 6 Aug, 13 Aug, 20 Aug; 27 Aug; 3 Sept; 10 Sept; 17 Sept, 15 Oct, 22 Oct, 29 Oct, 5 Nov; 12 Nov
Venues: American Corner (Cape Town Central Library); Cape Town Science Centre (Observatory) ; Makupula High School (Kayamandi)
Participants: Grade 10 female learners who have attended Code Week.
The Intermediate Course extends from Code Week to take learners to the point where they can confidently build data-driven web applications.
The course involves three main projects:
- Code your own portfolio site and host it on github.io
- Create an app that addresses an issue you are interested in.
- Incorporate a database and a form/s into your app from project 2
Beyond learning core web development skills, through the course participants are able to:
- Create a portfolio of coding projects
- Spend time working alongside a code mentor in local tech companies
- Meet female mentors during quarterly mentoring sessions
- Have access to local tech events through the Code4CT network
- Progress to the Grade 11 Code4CT program where participants can take specialist modules from web design to game development.
Cost: R4550 (includes 13 lessons with a catered lunch)
Scholarship: Scholarships are made available to eligible candidates. Learners who wish to apply for a scholarship should complete the application form and select that they need a scholarship. The initial application will be followed by an online test to assess your potential as a coder.
Application: This course is open exclusively to candidates who complete Code Week.