A week of coding ideas into reality.
Code Camp brings high potential female leaders together to create solutions to pressing issues in South Africa. Candidates work in teams to code an app which they present in a final pitch event on 16 July.
- Creative Problem Solving: Work to develop an innovative solution to a real-life challenge.
- Industry insight: Hear presentations from local companies who are using technology innovatively.
- Network: Meet likeminded girls who are interested in using technology to create change in South Africa.
- Dates: 10 – 16 July
- Venue: Groote Schuur High School, Claremont
- Participants: Grade 10 female learners who have attended Code Week.
A typical day at Code Camp:
- 7.30am Breakfast of champions.
- 8.30am You and your team, along with a tutor will work to code a real-life app.
- 10.45am Industry experts come to run a workshop that helps you build your app according to industry best-practice.
- 1pm Lunch time — chat to your tutors about their experience learning to code; hang out with new friends; relax in the quad
- 2pm Expand your mind by listening to presentations from companies who are driving innovation in South Africa and using technology in exciting ways.
- 3pm Keep working with your team on last minute touches to your app
- 4pm Time to relax – choose from fun sports such as dance, yoga, hula hooping and unwind a little. Healthy body, healthy mind.
- 6.30pm Dinner time – share your ideas with new friends while filling your tummy on a wholesome dinner.
- 7.30pm Evening session — every evening there is a different session aimed at developing you as a young leader. From a global citizenship workshop, to a Women in Tech mentoring evening and a TED talk screening, you’ll be challenged to see yourself in new ways as a young agent of change.